For awhile now I have been talking about how I really want a swing set for our backyard. We have a pretty big backyard for Vegas standards but never really hang out back there because all we have is a patch of grass (that we have a hard time keeping alive) gravel, and a couple ugly trees and bushes that he previous owner planted. I have been looking around on the internet and some stores and found a couple I really liked. I showed them to Jeremy just to see what he thought and maybe someday we would get it. The thing about Jeremy is he is pretty spontaneous we found the one we liked and he was off to get it. It was funny because we were both so excited to get it all put up so Bailey could play on it and Bailey really had no idea what was going on. The instructions said it would take 6-12 hrs to put it together and it probably took about 8 or 9 with Jeremy doing most of the work and me supervising lol. There where a couple things Jeremy did a little different to make it more functional. We are very pleased with the out come of everything.

This is what the patch of dirt and gravel looked like before the new swing set.

This is how it looked before it was put together.

This was a couple hours into the project, we still had a lot more to go.

And this is what it looks like all finished.

It looks so much better to actually have something in out backyard. I love that I won't have to take Bailey to the park every time she needs to get out of the house and burn off some energy.

Today we had our friends the Dudley's over to try it out. I think it was pretty good because Ethan who is 8 had fun as well as the two little ones. Bailey's favorite thing is the swings she had so much fun just hanging out swinging.

As you can see from this picture some of the wood isn't stained yet. The way they make the swing set the piece of wood above the slide was down about 10 in. so if a bigger kid went down the slide they would hit their head so he just raised it up. Also he made a cover over the little sandbox so when it's not being used stray cats won't think it's a litter box lol.
Jeremy did such an awesome job at putting it together, he is so busy with school and studying I know it was a real sacrifice for him to take the time and do this for Bailey.
P.S. This is Bailey's Christmas present a little early. We figured we might as well get it now while the weather is nice so she can use it more.
11 comments:
That looks like so much fun. We will have to come down and play. We need to go get a new one. That is good that it only took Jeremy that long. It took Richard days maybe even a week.
Looks like alot of fun!
What a cute swing set. Baily is spoiled! :) So is kyle! Love the background! You need to help me out it is so cute.
That is great! Nice work! We will be over later for play time. :)
Anna you guys can come over anytime. Bailey loves having little friends to play with.
Jeremy is so dang handy! Send him over to our house! What a motivated guy!! Hey,did you guys have some curbing put around it? It looks so awesome! I'm so glad you guys have a yard for Aves to play in, cause we sure don't!! Thanks for being smart when you bought your house!
That is awesome!! Good job to you and your hubby. I'll bet Bailey loves it.
How fun! I'm so glad that you finally got one. You have been talking about it for a long time! Jeremy did a great job, although he had a great boss!:)
Thanks for having us over! It was fun:)
that looks so fun! i bet bailey loves it!
Your lucky to have such a handy husband! I bet Bailey loves it!
Post a Comment