5 tomatoes
10 apple
3 containers of blackberries
5 artichokes
1 bundle of spinach
1 pkg radishes
8 kiwi's
2 cucumbers
bundle of bananas
bundle of Roman lettuce
2 melons
All that for about $16 (the first time you do it you have to pay $4 extra to get your basket)
So each week you go on their website and order your basket and pick it up on Saturday morning at 7 am,(you have to take something to put your food in, we just took a laundry basket) you don't know what will be in it but I thought we got some pretty good stuff and my sister has been doing it for a while and she has liked almost everything she has gotten. They do it a couple different places here in town but the closes one to me is Durango / Lone Mountain - Mountain Crest Park. It is collective purchasing to get high quality food at prices usually reserved for grocery stores and restaurants. Save money while you work together co-operatively within your community. I was pretty impressed with what I got for the money, I would never buy a lot of this stuff at the store because it would cost way to much money and we aren't too picky about our fruits and veggies so it works out good for my family. If anyone else wants to check it out you can go to their website HERE. They also do it in Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, and Washington.
6 comments:
Hey, that sounds like a pretty good deal. And heaven knows my kids need to eat a little more healthy. Thanks for the info.
I just ordered a basket for us an for Joe's parents! Thanks for the great idea!! We're excited to see what we get!
My friend just did that up here too. I think it's a great idea, I just don't know if I could force my kiddos to eat that many veggies!:)
I started doing that a couple of weeks ago too! I love it.
Dude! I'm trying to read your blog and I think your messing with it! LOL
my in-laws do that in Hurricane. I didn't know they did it here! I'll definetly look into it.
BTW- I totally saw your parents over Pioneer day but not you or any siblings! Darn!
Cute kids- didn't even know you had a boy already!
Post a Comment