A couple of weeks ago we changed Bailey's crib into a toddler bed, she had figured out how to climb out of her crib and I didn't want her to get hurt. She likes her new bed at night but when it comes to nap time it's a fight everyday. I don't know what to do because she still really needs to have a nap and on the days she doesn't get a nap she is so tired by 5:00 pm she doesn't know what to do with herself. Bailey has always been a good sleeper but a couple weeks ago we took away her pacifier
(side note: my sister was the one that got Bailey off the pacifier, I tried and after a night of screaming and crying ALL night long I gave in and let her have it. My sister watched Bailey for a couple days and just told her that they didn't have pacifiers at her house and Bailey was fine. How lucky am I that my sister did the hard work, I owe her big time.) Now when I try to put her down for her nap she just plays in her room the other day I went in to check on her and somehow she found an orange highlighter marker (no idea why that was in her room) and colored all over her rocking chair, the door, and her sheet on her bed. Yeah I wasn't happy at all. Today I put her down for her nap after awhile of listening to her play in her room I went into her room to check on her and this time she climbed up to where I keep the diaper rash cream and had that all over her carpet, herself, and the rocking chair. I'm about to lose my mind. So if anyone has any good advice please let me know.

This picture is after both Jeremy and I tried to rock her to sleep but she didn't want us to and just wanted to get out of her room and play. So we left her in her room and she rocked herself to sleep. I felt so bad for her, poor little Bailey.
I'm so behind on blogging, I normally blog when Bailey takes her nap but that hasn't been happening much lately hopefully we can figure something out for nap time so I can get some things done around my house.
10 comments:
Oh man, I remember those days with my other boys. We haven't put Owen in his big bed yet, but that is right around the corner and I'm terrified!:)
When my boys were little I would have to lay by them in their bed until they finally fell asleep. Each time they would try to get up, I'd lay them back down and remind them that it was naptime. Before long they knew this meant that they needed to sleep. Hopefully something works for you. I'm happy though that the pacifier is gone. Good luck!
We moved Anwen to a big girl bed a year ago and she refused the same thing. She's been taking her midday naps on the couch for a year. She'll play and pout up there, but she'll be content on teh couch.
I guess that's my advice. :S Let her have the couch. Sorry it's all I have.
oh, man. It's not funny, but I am chuckling a little! She is such a funny girl! I love that pic of her in the chair.
I swear it's like Chloe a year ago! Unfortunately, I don't have much advice. I can say it does get easier as time goes by.
How dark is her room? We put a black sheet behind the girls' curtain so it was really dark for nap time.
i love that picture! and i do have advice :) and it totally works... baby gate and reward chart.
with kylie, we'd double gate her so we could see her and she'd stay in. kacey same deal but kacey would play like bailey is. so i let her go to her room 15 minutes before naptime, and that's playtime. then i'll say, okay playtime is up, now naptime. double baby gate (or shut the door and put one of those childproof latches on the nob so she can't get out), and then the reward chart comes in. "if you do it, you get a princess sticker on this chart hanging in your room." and maybe bring out the big guns and use m&m's. i find the more we do it, the more she sees the reward is real and she likes it, the more successful it all is. sorry so long :) hope it helps.
All I can say is good luck! I would just take out anything in her room that she can damage and if she plays let her play at least she has her alone time and you get yours.
This book has really helped me "LOVE & LOGIC. Here is the link just scroll down it has all the articles that are in the book.
http://www.loveandlogic.com/articles.html#six
p.s. the Boyd family's idea sounds really good. I use a gate for Kyle when he goes to bed but now we don't use it and he stays in. It will work it will just take some time!
Oh no! That little turkey! That picture is so funny! I'm going to call you today!
I didn't have time to read all these comments, because Brycen's getting fussy, but I hope you got some good tips. I'm not much help myself, because my kids have always been good nappers on their own and just lay down and go to sleep if they're tired in the afternoon. Bedtime--well, that's a whole other story, and I woke up this morning to find all 3 kids in my bed!
Wow! bless her heart. I love that picture though. I like Nicoles advice. Hope you've found something that works. I'm fearing this myself. The boys are both still in their cribs and haven't really made a habit out of climbing out of them, but I'm dreading the day I have to move them to toddler beds. Jason doesn't do his naps too well as it is.
Post a Comment