Last weekend when we were out at my parents house we picked a bunch of apple off my parents trees (like 12 boxes full). My sister and I got the bright idea we were going to can them all in two days. So Jeremy got a ride back to Vegas with my uncle and Bailey and I went to St. George. Monday we made Apple Butter Jam and Applesauce, it was a ton of work and a late night. Tuesday we made Apple Pie Filling not as hard to make but we were both so tired from the day before and the kids were getting a little stir crazy after being in the house for 2 days and no naps. I was ready to go home and sleep in my own bed and so was Bailey so we finished all but 1 1/2 boxes of apples and I loaded my car and headed home around 9:00 pm that night. My sister ended up finishing the last 1 1/2 boxes of the apples, she's awesome.

What we accomplished the first day (Apple Butter Jam and Applesauce)

This is everything we made, we filled my sister table with the jars

Apple Butter Jam, this is my favorite jam my mom use to always make it when I was little. It's so good but now I have a new respect for how hard and time consuming it is to make. (The recipe is on my recipe blog along with the pie filling if you want it )

Pie Filling, this is so good and makes it so easy to whip up a homemade apple pie in no time.

What a tasty pie and it only took me a couple minutes to make the pie crust (my mom has the best pie crust recipe it's on my recipe blog as well)
6 comments:
Wow, everything looks wonderful!
I love these pictures. You girls did a great job. Your mom taught you well. I haven't canned for a few years. The pictures made me realize how much I miss it. These pictures and the story of how they came about would be fantastic on the James Wadsworth Tribal Gazette blog. I hope you will consider posting them. We need different family stuff there.
Very impressive!
Cool. I've never canned anything! I wish I lived by you so you could give me some of that apple butter jam!:) I have looked at your recipe blog and used quite a few of your recipies. Maybe I'll have to attempt canning, I said maybe!:)
wow, I am so impressed! I miss being closer to my mom right now for that reason, she is canning peaches, pears and grape juice! I really want to try your apple pie, you should make one for Vanessa's shower!
Yummo! Andrew would be so jealous! He has been talking about apple pie for MONTHS NOW! You did a ton! Too fun! How are you feeling? Doing?
Post a Comment