Someone needs a nap

What do you do when your 11 month old throws a fit in Costco? This weekend my family was in town and on Saturday we went to Costco. Bailey was tired and hungry and very winy. They had some samples of the Go-Gurt so I gave Bailey one. She wanted to hold it herself, I tried to help her push the yogurt from the bottom to the top, and that's when the fit started. She started screaming and waving her arms all around like crazy with the Go-Gurt in hand. Needless to say there was yogurt all over my little nephew who was sitting right next to her, all over my sister and I, and all over the floor. I was so embarrassed as everyone around us were just looking at us like we were crazy. I was so glad my sister was there to help out, she has 3 kids all close in age so she handles things like that pretty well. It just so happened I had my camera in my bag so I figured I might as well document this so the kids can laugh about it when their older.

Poor little Jayden is just looking at us like please get me out of here. You can see the yogurt on the top of Jayden's head. Look at how sad Bailey looks. Someone is ready for a nap.
Later that day we went to the mall, Bailey only had a small nap in her stroller while we were shopping at Old Navy so she was still pretty crabby. When she gets mad she will rip out her hair bows, then she goes for the pigtails. So this is what she looks like after a day of shopping. She normally gets her two naps a day and is pretty happy but with my mom and sister in town we didn't want to sit around the house and wait for her to nap. So I guess that's what we get.
Bailey just really needs her sleep, she takes after her mom. As she has gotten older she really is started throwing fits. I don't know what to do about it, and it really just happens when she gets tired. When I'm at home it's no problem I just go put her down in her bed and she goes to sleep, but when we are out and about I can't do that. So if anyone had any good advice about what do when your child throws a fit, or have any funny stories please share. I didn't think I was going to have to worry about this already.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

oh been there! :) as my kid's the one throwing a fit and everyone's staring... even other children! i so hate to be the one to tell you, but as they get more mobile, it gets worse. and as they get more independent (not just when they are tired) but when they realize they can say no or do it on their own, it all goes downhill. :) bailey's super cute with her hairbows all pulled out and her hair sticking straight up!

The Allen Family said...

Oh my hilarious! Sorry, you probably don't like people to laugh at this post, but I couldn't help it! I love how angry she looks in the second picture and how much more content she looks with no bows in her hair! LOL! Great post! :)

Nicole said...

Chandi, I think it's totally hilarious now I didn't so much at the time.

Nicole, I know it's only going to get worse but I think I like it better when I was the one watching while someone else's kid is having a tantrum :)

Anonymous said...

haha! Nice documentation. That last picture is great!

The Foisy's said...

He he he, I can't wait till you and I are experiencing that together!! She cracks me up!! Those pics will be so funny when she's older.

Leslie said...

She is cute even when she is thowing fits! I love that she pulls her piggies out when she is mad.. my neice does it too and it makes my sister so sad!!

Mel said...

It's only just begun...

Missy said...

How can you be mad at a cute little face like that? Seriously, don't pay any attention to the stares at the store. Most people have been there before and they are just glad it's not them at that minute! The stares get worse as you get more kids also, probably why your sis is a champ!

Mikki said...

As embarrassing as it is to have your adorable little one throw the temper tantrum, hopefully it beats having an ugly expletive come out of that cute little mouth. (happened to me at the tire store when Ashley was like 2 years old--Thanks Daddy!)

Jill said...

I tend to throw yogurt and pull my hair out when I am tired too. She is still as cute as ever.

Bleak's said...

All I can say is get ready for the fits to get worse! Then they'll get better! I didn't know that you lived so close to Camille then, I swear it only took us about 5 minutes to get to the partk! I was going to call you, but then Camille's kids both were sick and I didn't know if Tanner had picked anything up! And I just don't know where anybody lives to get there! So you can call me a slacker! WE probably won't be back until Christmas, with the baby coming in the summer it knocks out coming then. So we will see. Andrew says no for Christmas... but I know that he will want to go home. I think he is just trying to mess with me! Anyhow... I didn't get to some some friends from Cedar I wanted to see to! So next time I will have to plan it all out before I come!
Sorry this is so long!