Here we go...

On Friday Jeremy was sworn into the Army National Guard as an Officer. He has been in the Guard for almost 8 years and his enlistment was up in May but now he has 6 more years. It's funny because Jeremy always said he didn't want to the the Military thing through Dental school and the plan was to just get student loans until one of his friends he did his undergrad with told him about this new program in the guard. Jeremy looked into it and we deiced it was a pretty good deal, he has drill one weekend a month, we get a housing allowance on top of what they pay him each month, we get full health benefits, and they pay for some of his school. It's not like full time where they pay for all of school but when he's done with school he just has to keep going to drill once a month for 2 years. I was a little nervous about him doing this but I think it's going to be a good thing and the money is going to be really nice. I didn't realize how much we were going to have to take out in student loans for school and to live off of so this will help a lot, we feel very blessed he can do this. Bailey wasn't happy about taking this picture, it was right during her nap time and she needs her sleep lol.

Last week Bailey and her little buddy Max were making Valentine cards, they were so cute they got to pick out fun stickers and color on them. They had fun doing it for about 5 minutes and then they were ready to move onto something else. These two are so fun to watch they play so well together.


Bailey is eating a pretzel not the crayons in case your wondering :)


11 comments:

Leigh said...

Congrats. We hope you like ASR as much as we do. It truly has been such a blessing. Its surprising how much they pay us just to go to school! Not to mention the medical benefits!! And to top it off for us, UofM waives out of state tuition, which saves us a huge amount. Anyway....congrats and good luck 2LT Manuele and family
The Eagars

The Foulgers said...

Thanks for the update. I'd been wondering if you ever decided to do this. I know this was a really tough decision for your family. I think you will truely be blessed. Congratulations!

The Foisy's said...

Those are great pictures! I bet you're glad you went. I'm sure you already know this, but I'm just jealous of you guys. I think we both are. We just want to be to that point. And, we have Jeremy to thank for all the good tips! I don't know what we would do without you guys! Hopefully, Erik can return the favor by taking someone under his wing! I'm happy for you guys that it's finally official. K, lets take the kids back to that park. They would have a blast!

Nicole said...

that sounds like a really awesome deal for jeremy. little extra $$$, little help with school... can't beat that!!!

Sheri said...

What a great thing for your family. It may be tough at times, but it will be well worth it in the end.

Missy said...

Congrats! This is great!
And I love little Bailey eating her pretzels. I didn't even think twice about it being crayons that she was eating cause it's such a normal occurance in our home.

Mikki said...

Congratulations!! I think it's great that he's able to do this.

Bromleys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bromleys said...

I love that you got some good pics of Jeremy getting sworn in. Also, I think your pictures were better than mine of the "Valentine Card Making" experience. I'll have to snag them. Thanks for all your help woman!

Bleak's said...

Yeah for Jeremy, hopefully your whole plan will work out in the end and there won't be any way he can get called out. Any little bit of money helps.
And YEAH for Bailey saying her first sentence. Those were always the best days of development with Tanner. So exciting!!! Record them or you'll forget. I am still kicking myself for not writing stuff down or videoing him on things!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

WOW! That sounds too good to pass up! This will probably really help with school bills and besides all of the benefits, shoe doesn't love a handsom man in uniform!! Oh, Please help your mom update!