St.George trip

I have been trying to play catch up with all my pictures from last week. Bailey and I went to St. George to stay with my sister and her kids while my brother-in-law was out of town for work. We went up there on Wed. and came home on Sat. We had a blast and it was nice to get away for a couple days, unfortunately we brought a nasty little bug home with us call "Hand Foot and Mouth Disease." My poor little nephew Jayden had it and we didn't know, Bailey and Jayden shared a cup and that's all it took. Bailey didn't start to feel sick until later on Saturday, Sunday she had a fever and sores in her mouth that looked like blisters. On Monday I took her to the Doctor and sure enough she had it, but just in the mouth. The doctor said their really wasn't anything they could give her just Tylenol and Motrin. Monday night none of us really got any sleep because she would wake up about every hour crying out in pain, it was horrible because I couldn't do anything for her. Tuesday she wouldn't eat or drink anything and really only had breakfast on Monday. The doctor told me if she wouldn't eat or drink to bring her back in, so I took her back to the doc. She gave her a Rx for Tylenol with Codeine which I was a little nervous to give her but it has helped and she is finally drinking and eating a little. I think we are on the downhill side of this thank goodness.

**When we were up in St. George we went to a different park everyday. My sister is the queen of going the park and knows where all the good ones are. This park we went to out in Green Valley was really fun and a lot of different little things for the kids to play on. This little thing was fun, it spun around. It probably would have made me sick but Bailey enjoyed it.

Bailey and Jayden sharing some treats (and sickness lol)


My cute little niece Kayley




Bailey love this thing, she wanted to play on it the whole time.

3 comments:

Bromleys said...

Man, your sister's kids have gotten big. I can't believe it. I'll have to check out some of those new parks when I come and visit, but I really think Max likes yours the best. Give Bailey a nuggie for me... I didn't say lougie... I'm a dork.

Bri said...

It was a lot of fun. Sorry for the sickness. I hope Bailey is feeling better. I need to post some pictures on my blog now that my internet is working again.

Larzipan said...

OY! It stinks when your kids get sick! It's worse than being sick yourself! I'm glad you finally got her to eat :)