Our relaxing weekend

I have always loved conference weekend, when I was a kid it was because we got to stay home from church and have a big breakfast. I still enjoy staying home with my family, but I really love all the wonderful talks and the spirit that comes from them. I was trying to think of my favorite talk but they were all so good. I did really enjoy Elder Ballards talk about young mothers probably because I am a young mother. It was kind of sad not having President Hinckley there, I kept waiting for him to get up and speak. He was such an amazing man and I always loved his talks. I thought President Monson did such a good job, he is such a humble man.

These are just some pictures of our day. This is how Jeremy has always feed Bailey from the time she started to eat solid foods. The poor girl has to open her mouth so wide just so she can get the whole bite in her mouth, as the food is spilling over the spoon.


I love this picture, because it's Jeremy cleaning up after dinner. I always tell him I make dinner you should have to clean it up. I think it's only fair, right? Too bad it doesn't always work that way.
Bailey is starting to walk more. She has been pulling herself up and walking along the couch for probably a month and a half now, but she didn't want anything to do with you holding her hands and helping her walk. The minute you would try she would just drop to the ground, she's so afraid of falling down. Lately she has bee letting us help her, I don't think it's going to be too much longer before she can walk on her own. I'm excited for her to walk but on the other hand I feel like she is really growing up and isn't really a baby anymore. When do they stop being baby's and become toddlers? I know I just need to enjoy every stage that she's at but it is kind of sad she won't really let me cuddle her anymore unless she's almost asleep and sometimes she won't even let me do that because she just wants her bed. It all happens so fast, before I know it she's going to be a moody teenager. Yikes

7 comments:

Mikki said...

Nicole, she is so cute. How old is she now? I think they become toddlers once they start walking around, but I'm not sure what is "technically" correct. The time does go so fast. I can't believe my little guys are already 8 months old. Jason's already starting to pull himself up. I guess time-wise that's about right, but it seems so soon.

Nicole said...

Yeah that's when Bailey started pulling herself up too. She's 11 months.

Jill said...

that picture of her eating is so stinkin cute. she is getting big so fast-I can't believe she is almost 1!
I feel the same way about whoever cooks, the other should have to clean up.....but that never happens

Leslie said...

I also love Bro Ballards talk - it made me feel so good! Joe has been extra helpful after hearing it too - that is a bonus! Bailey is so cute with her mouth wide open, looks like she loves her food as much as Stella does! It is sad how fast they grow up, i think its sad they grow through the cute stages so fast and then they will be naughty teenagers for seven years.. what is that all about? :)

Nicole said...

yeah, she's starting to walk... it's crazy from this point on :) i love your new blog header! you're so talented!!!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Nicole,
Your baby is so gorgeous. Just wait- before you know it she will be 14 like Hannah! So much fun to peek at your blog and keep connected with your guys!! Sue Wiscombe

Larzipan said...

I liked elder Ballard's talk too... hurray for young mothers! They make the world go 'round!