Our Construction Zone!

We have been doing a lot of work on our house lately. On Saturday Jeremy started on our little kitchen remodel. I have never really liked the layout of our kitchen, the island was so weird. I forgot to take a picture before Jeremy ripped it out but you can see the shape it was. It was such a waste of space with a small opening it was hard to get things in and out, as well as weird angles that made it hard to fit everything inside. Anyways a while after we moved into our house some friends from our ward invited us to dinner at their house. They has the same floor plan as us but their kitchen island was different and I liked it so much better. We figured if we were adding on to our house we might as well fix the kitchen so they bid that in with the addition. To make an already long story short we have had some major problems with our contractor and didn't want him to do anything else on our house. Jeremy is out of school and has some extra time to do some work so he figured he would do it himself. I was a little nervous about it but he has done such a good job. Jeremy had some help along the way, our friend Erik help him a little bit, I helped out as much as a I could when Bailey was down for her nap and thankfully Jeremy's good friend Rob and his little brother came over and helped him. This is what it looked like when I went to bed on Saturday night at about 11.
And this is what I woke up to. I was pretty impressed, it just needs to be taped and textured, painted, the cabinets and granite installed and it's all done. That sounds like a lot but I'm just happy the wall is built.
Poor Jeremy didn't get to bed Saturday night until about 3:00 a.m. and had been up since 5:00. Then he was up Sunday morning at 7:00. All he wanted to do was sleep, I don't blame him.
On Saturday we had another project going as well. When we bought the tile for my salon and new master bathroom they ended up giving us more tile then we paid for. Jeremy called the guy and he told us to just keep it because it was on close out. So we had all this extra tile for free, we figured we might as well take out the ugly tile in our two bathrooms and laundry room and put that down. We had a really good tile guy come install it for us for a really good price.
So we have been living in a construction zone for awhile now and I think we have all about had it. Bailey doesn't have anywhere she can play without getting into something. My house is so dirty it is driving me crazy. Jeremy and I have decided the next house we buy we are going to like it they way it is and not try to fix everything up. We will be so happy when it's all done I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

13 comments:

jamieBEE said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! I am excited to see it all finished.
Bailey you can come and play at our house anytime!

Sheri said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only one with house construction. I can't wait until everything is finished in mine. I will never do this again.

Mikki said...

Wow! How cool. It looks like you have the same floorplan that we have, we have that stupid diagonal island too. You're right, it's very oddly shaped and nothing fits in there well. Sister Ray had the layout like you've made it. I like it so much more. It kind of gives more separation to the three rooms as well. Love it!!

The Allen Family said...

Wow! You guys are quite the construction workers! It looks great, though! Just look on the bright side - - at least you have a house! :)

Jill said...

WOW! looks great- good job Jer!
Can't wait to come see it when its all done.

Kim said...

it will be so worth it when it's all done. I'm so excited for you to have new stuff it's so fun!

Larzipan said...

Looks like you have a handy husband! It's not so much fun living in construction though :( way to tough it out!

The Foulgers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Foulgers said...

Wow! The wall looks so great! Jeremy did a fantastic job, and you were nervous! I can't wait to see it all complete!

Nicole said...

wow, that looks so awesome... great job to your hubby!

The Foisy's said...

K, I say when you're all done with all this construction stuff, we go out and celebrate!! Seriously, you deserve a night out. You have had it rough lately, especially Baiys!!Maybe we could take her somewhere that has fun stuff to play on!! Hmm is there a chuckie cheese anywhere?

Jilene said...

looks so good. reminds me of my old house! :-) now I want to see how you added to the back of the house. I'm curious to know!

Bri said...

That looks so good. I can't wait to come down and see it all done. Jermey did a great job.