This year we didn't have a typical Easter. Sunday morning we woke up and the kids found their Easter baskets (I forgot to get pictures) then we got ready and loaded up the car for our trip to Mesa AZ. Jeremy wanted to check out their orthodontic program and we found a good deal on a hotel so we invited along some friends that are looking at that school as well and made a family vacation of it. It took us about 6 hours to get there with stopping to eat and geting gas, surprisingly the kids were really good they just watched movies and slept. After we checked into our hotel everyone was starving so we found this little Mexican restaurant and had our Easter dinner there. Because it was Easter not many places were open so we were very excited we found this place. The food was good but the kids were tired and ready for bed. The next day the guys went to the school and my friend Dayna and I took the kids to the water park that was part of our hotel. It was so nice it had a couple big slides, a lazy river, wave pool, a kiddie pool, hot tub, a pool with a volleyball net and places to buy food. The kids had so much fun and it was nice to not have to worry about what to do to keep the kids busy all day. While sitting in the hot tub we started talking with a nice lady that told us about this fun restaurant to take the kids to that was right by our hotel. It was very rustic and had a big slide for the kids to go down. So after the guys got back that's where we went to dinner (pictures below) it was a fun place but we didn't love the food. The next day we packed up our stuff and checked out of our room then went to the water park for a couple hours before we drove back home. We had a fun but fast trip, that was the first time I had ever been to the Phoenix/Mesa area and I really liked what I saw of it. I don't think I would mind living there for a couple years if Jeremy got in there.
These are the only pictures that I got from our trip. I didn't want to take my camera to the water park because I was afraid it would get stolen, and really that was pretty much all we did while we were down there.
At the end of the meal they brought out cotton candy for the kids
Yes I look scary, and don't have any make up on and my hair is a mess from swimming all day.
Kylie with her cotton candy
The girls going down the slide
Silly girl it looks like she is picking her nose lol.
2 comments:
Love the quick, fun, exploring trips!!!!
I don't think looking scary is a possibility for you! You look good no matter what!!
Post a Comment