Our kitchen is done!

Our kitchen remodel is done!!! We finished the day before Jeremy's little brother got home from his mission, just in time. I still need to hang some things up on the wall but that's about it. Jeremy's wall that he built, I'm so happy with how well it all turned out.
We got new granite counter tops, sink, faucet, and new island cabinets.
I LOVE my new sink and faucet! My sink is a granite it is so nice because it doesn't get all scratched up and it's huge. I really like the look of my faucet and it works great.
The new island.... I am really happy with it. Now we have so much more work space and storage. I'm so glad we decided to do and elevated bar, it's nice to not hit you knees on the counter when you sit. All new cabinet weren't in our budget unfortunately and we couldn't match our other cabinet exactly so I wanted to do something a little drastic so we went with black. We bought unfinished cabinets at Lowe's and painted them black then distressed them a little bit. We put some black crown molding on top of our existing cabinets to try to tie it all together. I think it turned out pretty good, not as good as all new cabinets but I still am happy with it.

The crown molding.
Our addition is pretty much done, I have been using my salon for a couple weeks now. We are all moved into our new bedroom, but the AC for the addition isn't working so our room gets up to 85 degrees not so fun, but hopefully the AC guys will be able to fix it soon. We have this great new shower but we can't use it. The tile guys messed up and didn't cut the pip and put the drain cap on before they tiled the floor (see picture below). Jeremy tried to cut the pip down even with the tile and put a little drain cap on it but it isn't big enough, it takes forever for the water to drain so you end up with a couple of inches of water at your feet. So we have to get someone to tear up all the tile on the botton and put in the right drain and tile it all back up again. I hope it all works out.

I will post pictures of the addition once the bathroom is all done, hopefully that will be soon.

17 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Nicole, the new kitchen looks great. I really like the black and how you tied it all together. I don't know how you are even alive with that heat down there without ac. yuck! Everything looks so good. Tell Jeremy that I am very impressed with his handyman skills.

Nicole said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW!!! that looks amazing, i can't believe how great your husband did!!!! i'd soooo love for my kichen island to have an edge for the girls to sit and eat at... i don't suppose your husband has time for another little summer project :)

The Foulgers said...

Well you know I think it looks great! I'm sorry to hear though that you are still having shower problems. That is a pain. I had no idea your AC wasn't working. I'm so sorry. They'll eventually get it right!

Missy said...

WOW! It looks great! I love the black! The sink is awesome too. I bet you feel so relieved, even if it's not all completly done.

Jill said...

Looks fantastic!! I love the black cabinets. I did not like the two toned cabinets when we built our house, but now I see them all the time and wish I would have done them. And the granite sink is the best- I don't think I can ever go back to any other kind. We have almost the same faucet, love it too. Cant wait to see the addition.

Daniel said...

Looks great!!! I am really impressed. Jeremy you better watch out Michele is going to have you redo her Kitchen next!!

Jilene said...

I LOVE it! It looks awesome. And I definitely like the wall. It just kind of separates the house a bit. Jeremy did a great job!!! I can't wait to see pics of the new part!

The Hunters said...

Wow, Jeremy did a great job! I bet it is so nice to have your kitchen back. I love the granite!

Mikki said...

Thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet.
I can't help it, I'm so jealous. It looks great!!!
Hope the rest is the way you want it to be soon. No AC? So sorry! Hope you're able to keep cool somehow. Come over to my house if you need to, and if you don't mind chaos!!

Sheri said...

What a handy husband you have. He did a really good job. It looks great.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

I am so jealous, this looks amazing!! Please send Jeremy my way. I am sure you are loving it-it looks gorgeous!

Young Family said...

Looks awesome, now come do my kitchen!

anna banana said...

Your kitchen looks gorgeous, congrats!

Chelsea said...

Hey Nicole, did you paint it yourselves, or did you have someone do it? We are about to buy and are debating what to do! Looks great!!

Kata said...

so gorgeous! You guys really are going all out! And I love all the things you are doing. YOu are so creative. of course, an artist, a hair-cutter girl (that's what Savannah calls ya)

akmeeks said...

I LOVE your kitchen, I'm almost a little jealous, it looks great!

THE GOULDINGS said...

i love your kitchen!! i bet you are so glad that is done!! good work guys.